This position is responsible for assisting the HR and Volunteer Services departments with various projects related to human resources administration and volunteer management at Minnesota Children’s Museum. Responsibilities include assisting with recruiting and screening, maintaining personnel and volunteer records, providing recognition, and ongoing communication via social media sites with current volunteers. This internship will also assist with volunteer orientation and training, as well as program research.
Major Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in this internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the Museum Talent Resources staff.
- Manage the job and internship posting process - including receiving available position descriptions, posting jobs on numerous sites, and keeping job posting information current
- Attend recruitment fairs as available
- Screen job and volunteer applicants, conduct phone interviews, and complete reference calls
- Utilize Volgistics database to track volunteer applicants and maintain volunteer records, utilize HRIS system to track job and intern applicants
- Assist with volunteer orientation and trainings
- Assist HR staff with initiatives such as: create branded onboarding materials for new employees and supervisors; develop and maintain HR information wall
- Maintain volunteer department social media channels as a communication and recruitment tool. Create content and collect analytics.
- Conduct research related to recruitment and/or other topics related to HR or volunteer management
- Other tasks as assigned
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Some formal education in related field (Human Resources, Management, Communications, Liberal Arts, etc.)
- Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
- Previous volunteer experience - strong advocate of volunteerism preferred.
- Social media experience with major platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally over the phone and via email. Ability to write well and efficiently in a business style.
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office applications. Database management experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Intern orientation
- Policies and practices of the human resources administration in a nonprofit cultural institution
- Best practices in volunteer management
- Confidentiality practices
- Optional free trainings: The Ways of Play
Applications accepted until position is filled. Submit cover letter, resume, and online application at https://mcm.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/fe5b42e4-e812-e2ce-46a8-ca78957122bb/apply?source=682329-CJB-0
- Data Entry
- Group Facilitation
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 100 hours
- 10-12 per week
- Summer Marketing Video Intern
- Summer Alumni Relations Intern
- Summer Recruitment & Onboarding...
- Summer Museum Educator Intern -...
- Summer Membership & Event...
- Summer Integrated Communications...
- Play Docent
- Summer Museum Experience...
- Studio Assistant - Creative...
- Volunteer to Play!
- Summer Exhibit Fabrication Intern
- Summer Family Learning Intern
- Summer Digital Media Intern
- Summer Museum Educator Intern -...
- Summer Youth Development Intern
- Research Volunteer Pool
- Summer Costume Design& Props...
- Helping Hand Volunteer
- Summer Traveling Exhibit...