Hillsborough (Florida) Literacy Council is currently seeking a motivated Volunteer Board Member with fundraising/grant writing expertise to join the board. We are a volunteer-based nonprofit organization committed to helping adults achieve basic reading and writing skills as wells as English comprehension and communication skills.
We are looking for a grant/proposal writer than can help identify funding opportunities, someone that is exceptionally organized, loves writing, and wants to make an impact. The ideal candidate is someone with strong connections to the local community, who is passionate about the HLC mission and can leverage his/her networks and resources to positively impact our efforts.
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate, and dedicated members who want to help us build something inspirational! Help us get to the next level and make a positive impact.
As a Board member, you will be expected to:
- Ensure the continued success of this organization and mission
- Enhance the organization's public standing and raise public awareness
- Research opportunities for grants
- Develop and maintain a proposal/grant standard language and documents to make applying for grants and proposals easier
- Attend and participate in regular and special Board meetings and in sponsored events.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Attend 1-hour monthly meetings