LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Volunteering at LifeWorks offers an opportunity for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for an Administrative Service (Office) Volunteer to work at our South office providing administrative support to our Human Resources, Finance, and Development teams. You will have the opportunity to learn about various administrative operations of a non-profit organization from the dedicated professionals you will work alongside while developing or honing the skills needed for entry level office positions, such as an Administrative Assistant or Receptionist.
Flexible number of days and hours depending on department needs and individual availability. We anticipate one to two days every two weeks.
- Files paper records according to established guidelines.
- Sorts and collates departmental paperwork.
- Assists with bulk mailings by stuffing, addressing, and post-marking envelopes.
- Performs data entry and/or word processing in Microsoft Office suite or agency databases.
- Makes outbound and receives inbound phone calls for the department.
- Assists with special projects, such as preparing materials for an event or pulling files for an audit.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Excellent organizational skill.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with PC and Microsoft Office Products.
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 1-2 days every 2 weeks