Appointment Reminder for Veterans receiving Trauma Recovery Clinic/Substance Use Recovery Center at
5 people are interested
1. Assignment Title
Trauma Recovery Clinic/Substance Use Recovery Center at The Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center Uptown Division
2. Purpose of Assignment
Patient appointment reminder calls
* Volunteer(s) will be contacting veterans/patients to remind them of their future appointments in the Mental Health TRC/SURC Clinics. Volunteer(s) will be briefed on the clinic functions and provided a script before contacting veterans.
* These reminder calls are very important and has been proven to lower patient No Shows within these two clinics.
4. Time Commitment
5 days per week, minimum 4 hours per day
* Pass a background check
6. Training and Skill Development
* Initial and annual volunteer training.
* Assignment specific training
* Ability to communicate effectively
Lorraine Braswell, PhD
Volunteer reports to:
Feedback: Annual written
8. Supporting policies
* VHA Handbook 1620.01
* Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 119-14-01
Work Areas Include: Trauma Recovery Clinic/Substance Use Recovery Center/ Mental Health Clinic
* Lunch provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift.
* Structured recognition/awards program
* Annual Flu Shot at no cost
* Eligible to join credit union
* Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
We'll work with your schedule.
Augusta VA Medical Center1 Freedom WayAugusta, GA 30904
- Veteran Care