Jolly Scholastic Foundation is seeking Volunteers for our 5K Walk for Water charity race.
This opportunity is tremendous as your physical contribution will help us achieve our goal, to solve the water crisis in Haiti. Haiti has a population of over 10 million people and more than half of the population lacks access to clean water. With the funds raised from this race we'll be able to build a Borehole Water well for a village in Haiti.Volunteers Will Receive
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- Access to the food, music and more
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
What Do Volunteers Do?
Volunteers may be assigned to do any of the following:
- Registration Area - Check in registered participants and distribute registration packets. Register walk-in participants and provide friendly customer service while assisting with basic event questions (If you get stuck, out staff will be there).
- Starting Line and Finish Line - Assist with the flow at the starting line and provide participants with refreshments.
- Parking - Assist the parking team direct participants to dedicated lots.
- Course Water Stop - Ensure runners stay on the right side and walkers are on the left side of the route, provide a cup of water from the water stations and instruct participants on completing obstacles. Watch out for, and report any injuries - and offer motivation along the way!
- Tear-down (All day and afternoon shift only) - Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down tents and inventorying apparel
Need Volunteer Hours?
If you need volunteer hours for your organization, school, etc. - we will help you out! The Jolly Scholastic Walk for Water will help you. Sign up and put in the work, and we will gladly sign off on any forms.
- Data Entry
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per volunteer