Learning Lab Facilitator to assist students with online & computer-based learning activities
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where22 Eagle RoadDanburyDanbury, CT 06810
The TBICO Learning Lab offers a variety of online and computer-based learning activities for adults who are motivated to use independent learning to develop better skills, get better jobs, and have better lives.
Primary Responsibility: Provide technical support and guidance in the Learning Lab
Supervise the Learning Lab during the hours that the lab is available to students, monitoring to ensure those using the lab adhere to posted rules.
- Assist students using computer-based tutorials to log into the system.
- Assist students using online tutorials to navigate to and sign in on the website.
- Monitor to ensure computer usage corresponds with students’ learning plan.
- Complete Issue Form to report problems with lab furniture, fixtures, or technology.
Skills & Experience: Proficient in use of technology and software applications
MS Office 2007 - Word, Outlook, Excel preferred
- Comfortable working with a diverse community of learners
- Reliable and punctual
- Patient, understanding, and caring
- Good communication skills
- Able to provide instruction and feedback, as appropriate
Volunteers will spend time familiarizing themselves with specific software before they begin volunteering in the lab.
Time Commitment: Mondays and/or Tuesdays/ 9:00 am to 1:00 pm/ min 3 month commitment
Please note: the choice will be Monday OR Tuesday OR both days.
About Us: TBICO is a resource center for individuals and families seeking to achieve sustainable self-sufficiency through employment, financial literacy, and stable housing. We meet people at their point of need so that they can overcome challenges, achieve stability, and improve their lives and the lives of their children.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Mondays and/or Tuesdays/ 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- minimum 3 month commitment