Are you organized? Detail oriented? Not spatially-challenged? Good at herding cats? Are you able to be kind, yet firm?
We want you!
On June 10th, North Jersey Pride will hold its 6th Pride Festival in Memorial Park in Maplewood. Several thousand LGBTQ people and supportive allies will be joining us for an afternoon of family-friendly celebration, music, food and, yes, shopping at more than 100 vendors and merchants.
That's where you come in. We are seeking a volunteer to join our 2018 Pride Festival planning team as official Vendor Coordinator. The VC will:
- Solicit merchants with fun, fresh items to sell-art, jewelry, clothing, etc.
- Collect applications and curate the vendor court
- Notify vendors who have been accepted; return checks to those who haven't
- Allocate space to vendors, arranging them for maximum flow and general happiness
- Be on site by 7am the morning of June 10th to receive delivery of tents/tables/chairs
- Coordinate check-in, with the help of volunteers who will be assigned to you
- Handling all the little inevitable bumps ("But I don't like my spot!" "He's too close to me!" "I forgot my table!") with a friendly, calm, yet firm, demeanor.
- Celebrate with us when it's all over.
- Meet some amazing people (LGBTQ and ally) and make new friends
- Put it on your resume in the event you choose to pursue a career in actual cat-herding
- Be a part of an incredible celebration
- Fulfill your community service requirement
- Get to carry a clipboard (whistle is optional)
- Get a tan
North Jersey Pride is a 501(c)3, all volunteer nonprofit that aims to be "Pride with a Purpose." Our Festival is a way of reaching a wider audience to raise visibility around the challenges faced by LGBTQ youth. It's also a heck of a lot of fun.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please get in touch! Pride planning has already begun...
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Somewhere between 20 and 80 hours...