Become a Volunteer at Brown County Historical Society and Hazelwood Historic House!
Planning is underway for 2018! Take the opportunity to support Brown County Historical Society to the next level by donating your time and talents to Hazelwood Historic House! Whatever your interest, we have a volunteer opportunity that fits your passions. We are always in need of people who would like to learn more about Hazelwood and the Martin family to be docents. BCHS has lots of other needs for volunteers throughout the year, including:
- Baking: Making sweet treats for our special events! We are in need of cookies and other desserts for our Teas, Cemetery Walks, Haunted Hazelwood, Christmas and other events throughout the year.
- Girl Scout/School Programs: We have several school and Girl Scout programs throughout the year. Want to lead school groups through the cemetery or docent at Hazelwood, we always can use a hand!
- Gardening: Hazelwood’s extensive gardens require a lot of upkeep! Have a green thumb? We’d love to have your help!
- Actors: We are always in search of actors to portray Green Bay residents during our "If Tombstones Could Talk" Cemetery Walk series. We also have several other small acting opportunities available throughout the year.
- Researcher: Our cemetery walks don’t happen without lots of research! Want to be involved but are the "behind the scenes" type? Want to learn more about the history of Green Bay? Consider becoming a researcher!
- Programming Committee: Our special events can’t happen without a dedicated group of volunteers planning behind the scenes. Our Programming Committee meets monthly/as needed to set the details that make each of our great events happen.
If you are interested in volunteering at Hazelwood Historic House/Brown County Historical Society, please contact Brooke at email@example.com.
- Exhibition Arts
- General Education
- Community Outreach
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training