Serving Families in Metro Detroit Area
8 people are interested
Choosing to be a hospice volunteer isn't easy, but it comes with lifelong rewards. Your gift of compassion brings solace to patients while cultivating purpose in your own life.
How you can help
Hospice volunteer opportunities are endless, ranging from visiting with a patient to clerical work to fundraising support. All hospice volunteers receive free training.
After completing training, volunteers choose how much time they can give. Whether volunteering for as little as a few hours a month or six hours a week, all efforts are appreciated and needed.The Volunteers are an integral part of the hospice Care Team. They enhance the quality of life of the patient in many ways. Volunteering at Compassus offers positive opportunities for both personal and professional growth, in areas such as:
- Compassus Home Care - Providing support and companionship to both patients and families in their home. Providing a much needed respite in various situations.
- Compassus Center Care - Providing support and companionship to patients who are residents of an inpatient care center.
- Special Events - Helping plan and implement special events to support Compassus.
- Clerical Support - Making phone calls, data entry, mail preparation, filing and other miscellaneous office work.
We'll work with your schedule.
30665 Northwestern Hwy#150Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training