Want to build strong bones, improve your health while helping others and make new friends while making a difference?
As a Volunteer RSVP Bone Builders Class Leader, you will lead twice-weekly exercise classes (about an hour each time) that use light weights and exercises that are performed either sitting or standing next to a chair. Volunteer Instructors co-teach with a partner, allowing flexibility for vacation and personal days.
Class size is small. Participants are seniors age 55 and older. Classes are free, noncompetitive and designed to improve muscle strength, balance and bone density.
Why RSVP Bone Builders? 10 million Americans over the age of 50 have OSTEOPOROSIS, a dangerous thinning of the bones. Research shows that regular exercise can prevent and even reverse the effects of osteoporosis. Bone Builders is a program designed to target those at risk of osteoporosis and help them build healthy bones.
*We need bi-lingual instructors.
- Fitness Instruction
- Physical Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour 2 x weekly
- Bone Builders Group Leader Training
- Bone Builder Exercise Class...
- Read to Kindergartners - Crystal...
- Volunteer Fitness Instructor
- RSVP Tale Teller
- Strong Fit Seniors
- Read to Kindergartners - Gibbons...
- Deliver a meal and a smile to a...
- Groceries for Seniors
- RSVP Bone Builder Instructor of...
- Bi-Lingual Bone Builder Exercise...
- Be A Bone Builder Group Leader