Daily activities and tutoring volunteers needed (LeFevre Center)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
9 people are interested
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Ventura - LeFevre Center - is looking for volunteers to tutor young members and assist with their homework during the Homework Power Hour. Volunteer shifts are available Monday through Thursday from 5-6 p.m. throughout the school year.
Volunteering overview: Tutor members one-on-one or in small groups and help them to refocus if necessary. Provide a welcoming, friendly and supportive environment for all members to complete daily homework assignments during the Homework Power Hour.
- Help set up tutoring areas & cleanup of previous activities
- Guide members to complete daily homework with one-on-one or small group tutoring
- Assist members with homework, including math, reading, science and writing
Requirements: BGC Volunteer Application, Passed Background Investigation
Just one or two hours each week can make a huge difference in a young person's life!
We'll work with your schedule.
1929 Johnson DriveVentura, CA 93003
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading Comprehension
- Youth Services
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check