Catholic Charities Refugee and Immigrant Services - San Mateo is looking for a skilled volunteer to help us process and file naturalization applications.
Under the general guidance of staff, the Naturalizations volunteer will:
* Prepare and completes naturalization immigration forms and assemble application packages
* Elicit relevant information from clients to complete naturalization related immigration forms
* Communicate with clients, explain naturalization requirements, and provide guidance through the process
* Follow-up when necessary.
* Bilingual English/Spanish
* Resourcefulness and curiosity
* Attention to detail
* High level of comfort in a diverse environment.
* Licensed attorney
* Experience participating in naturalization workshops
* Computer proficiency
* Excellent listening and communication skills.
Time Commitment: 8 hours per week minimum
Shift: flexible-exact times to be agreed upon
- Legal (General)
- Immigration Law
- Family Law
- Public Advocacy
- Contract Negotiations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 8 hours per week
- Immigration Workshop...
- Literacy Specialist
- ON CALL TRANSLATING (SPANISH /...
- Celebrate Mother’s Day by...
- Front Desk Volunteers- San Mateo...
- Naturalization Application Team...
- Spanish to English Translation...
- Assistant Kitchen Coordinator
- Tutor ? Youth Club at St....
- Catholic Charities Volunteer...
- -Food Pantry Volunteers - 10th...
- Playgroup Activity Coordinator...
- Escort Clients to Medical...
- Saturday Lunch Helpers