We are a hunger relief organization hiring AmeriCorps members to earn money while serving their community!
Direct-to-Door is a mobile feeding program that provides summer meals to children Monday through Friday. Members will serve as part of a team who spend the day serving meals to children at apartment communities throughout the city. Preference is given to bilingual applicants (English/Spanish), but all who are willing to commit to a summer of community service are welcome to apply.
· Available June 4-August 12th, full-time, Monday through Friday.
· 17 or older
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident (temporary work or student visa does not suffice)
· $1,800-$3,000 Total Cash Stipend (divided into bi-weekly payments of $360-$600 before taxes)
· $1,230-1,538 End of Term Education Award
To Apply: Complete an application at https://americorps.equalheart.org/hiring_texas.html
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- 30-45 hrs/wk. Must commit to entire summer
- Physical activity/manual labor required for many of our positions.