The mission of St. Vincent de Paul is to alleviate pain and suffering, in a spirit of charity, justice and mercy, through person-to-person involvement.
St. Vincent de Paul is eternally grateful for the hundreds of volunteers who dedicate their time each year to serving the less fortunate. Our volunteers are indispensable to the ministry and programs we offer. Some of our current volunteer opportunities include the following:
- The Food Center needs individuals and small groups to help kitchen staff prepare, serve and clean up after meals; can sort and stock shelves, as well as put food baskets together for needy individuals and families who qualify for food vouchers.
- The Thrift Store needs individuals and small groups who can sort, price and hang donated clothing items. Every donation helps the homeless.
- The Food Center and Thrift Store need drivers for our trucks, must have a clean driving record.
- Volunteers are needed at our Clearwater, Tampa, New Port Richey, Polk and St. Petersburg offices to do a variety of things, including placing follow up calls to our recently housed Veterans.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- YMCA Reads!
- Alpha House of Pinellas County
- Celebrate Outreach
- Lunch Pals Program
- Youth and Family Alternatives
- Supportive Services for Veteran...
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
- Connections Job Development...
- New Port Richey Va Clinic
- The Salvation Army of St....
- St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Boley Centers, Inc.
- Homeless Empowerment Project
- Veterans Alternative
- Sunshine Senior Center
- Empath Health / Suncoast PACE
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- Florida Dream Center
- Feeding Tampa Bay
- Mease Countryside Hospital