Homeless Empowerment Project
27 people are interested
The purpose of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Pinellas County (RSVP) is to create meaningful opportunities for persons 55 years of age and above to participate more fully in the life of their community through volunteer service. RSVP has partnered with the Homeless Empowerment Program to recruit volunteers who are 55+ for the specific opportunities listed below.
HEP is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Since 1986, our Mission has been to provide homeless and low-income families and individuals, including Veterans, with housing, food, clothing, and support services necessary to obtain self-sufficiency and improved quality of life.
While serving our local community, HEP will be recognized as a national model of excellence providing comprehensive solutions to homelessness for individuals, families and Veterans in our community.
Make a Difference
Have you ever wanted to help or volunteer your time to make a significant difference in someone’s life but didn’t know where to begin? Contact us to find out how your skills, knowledge, experience, ideas, enthusiasm and your connections to the community can be matched with a meaningful volunteer experience.
- Group Service Projects: Serving meals, landscaping, painting, etc.
- Professional Services: Practicing or retired medical, dental, bookkeeping, resume assistance, vocational training, budget training, etc.
- Thrift Store: Cash register, sorting, pricing, cleaning
- Maintenance: Painting, landscaping, carpentry, household repairs, AC preventative maintenance, pressure washing, gardening, etc.
- Food Donation Pick-Ups: Pick up surplus food from local grocery stores & restaurants and deliver to HEP
- Medical: Provide medication education for clients, assist with medication set-up
- Office: Filing, phones, data entry, basic office tasks, prepare intake packets, confirm appointments, etc.
- Kitchen: Serving meals, food preparation & cleaning
- Learning Center: Education, mentoring, tutoring & homework assistance / FCAT assistance, youth activities, chaperone field trips, adult literacy & computer teachers, provide music lessons
- Veterans: Provide budget assistance, oversee clubhouse during non-office hours, offer transportation assistance, host special events, lead athletic classes
About Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Pinellas County
Pinellas Opportunity Council, Inc., 501 First Avenue North, Suite 517, St. Petersburg, FL 33701, US
The purpose of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Pinellas and Pasco Counties (RSVP) is to create meaningful opportunities for persons 55 years of age and above to participate more fully in the life of their community through volunteer service.
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 years and over. You can use the skills and talents you’ve learned over the years, or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within your community.
We strengthen the communities we serve by addressing identified significant local needs, such as homelessness, food insecurity, aging in place for seniors, children in welfare and safety programs, and veterans and military families. RSVP takes the guesswork out of volunteering by partnering with a variety of nonprofit agencies in Pinellas and Pasco Counties to help you find the right fit for your volunteer service. You choose where, when, and how often you want to spend your time!
Benfits of RSVP include: mileage reimbursement for travel to and from your volunteer station, accident and personal liability insurance, small death benefit while performing volunteer duties, volunteer recognition events, socialization with peers, and personal growth. Oh, and did we mention, the ability to make a lasting difference on those in need?
We'll work with your schedule.
1120 North Betty LaneClearwater, FL 33755
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training