Homeless Empowerment Project
18 people are interested
The purpose of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Pinellas County (RSVP) is to create meaningful opportunities for persons 55 years of age and above to participate more fully in the life of their community through volunteer service. RSVP has partnered with the Homeless Empowerment Program to recruit volunteers who are 55+ for the specific opportunities listed below.
HEP is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Since 1986, our Mission has been to provide homeless and low-income families and individuals, including Veterans, with housing, food, clothing, and support services necessary to obtain self-sufficiency and improved quality of life.
While serving our local community, HEP will be recognized as a national model of excellence providing comprehensive solutions to homelessness for individuals, families and Veterans in our community.
Make a Difference
Have you ever wanted to help or volunteer your time to make a significant difference in someone’s life but didn’t know where to begin? Contact us to find out how your skills, knowledge, experience, ideas, enthusiasm and your connections to the community can be matched with a meaningful volunteer experience.
- Group Service Projects: Serving meals, landscaping, painting, etc.
- Professional Services: Practicing or retired medical, dental, bookkeeping, resume assistance, vocational training, budget training, etc.
- Thrift Store: Cash register, sorting, pricing, cleaning
- Maintenance: Painting, landscaping, carpentry, household repairs, AC preventative maintenance, pressure washing, gardening, etc.
- Food Donation Pick-Ups: Pick up surplus food from local grocery stores & restaurants and deliver to HEP
- Medical: Provide medication education for clients, assist with medication set-up
- Office: Filing, phones, data entry, basic office tasks, prepare intake packets, confirm appointments, etc.
- Kitchen: Serving meals, food preparation & cleaning
- Learning Center: Education, mentoring, tutoring & homework assistance / FCAT assistance, youth activities, chaperone field trips, adult literacy & computer teachers, provide music lessons
- Veterans: Provide budget assistance, oversee clubhouse during non-office hours, offer transportation assistance, host special events, lead athletic classes
We'll work with your schedule.
1120 North Betty LaneClearwater, FL 33755
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training