This Marketing and Outreach Chair is responsible for creating awareness about The Longest Day
and promoting the event. This individual will recruit a subcommittee to help build awareness in the
community through methods such as collateral distribution across the chapter’s geographical area.
The Marketing and Engagement Chair should be comfortable in a public speaking role and will recruit
members to execute a plan to promote the event throughout the chapter area.
* Completes the Volunteer Partnership Agreement with The Longest Day Chair and Chapter Staff
* Recruit, train and manage the Marketing and Outreach Subcommittee, whose main responsibility is
to assist with marketing through earned media opportunities and grassroots marketing activities.
* As applicable, work with chapter staff to develop and implement strategies to obtain media
opportunities. Be creative when looking for new approaches to promotional opportunities within
* As applicable, work with chapter staff to identify feature stories for media, write and distribute press
releases, arrange radio interviews and media coverage for The Longest Day activities/initiatives and
prepare spokespeople in coordination with The Longest Day Chair.
* Regularly report progress to The Longest Day Chair.
* Coordinate the delivery of collateral materials to distribution points within the community.
* Delegate responsibilities and tasks to the Marketing and Outreach Subcommittee members.
* Help identify opportunities to expand outreach into diverse communities.
* Hosts Marketing and Outreach Subcommittee meetings to monitor progress and ensure members
are on target to meet their goals. Offers assistance when needed.
* Thank all media contacts and Marketing and Outreach Subcommittee members.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training