Assistant to the President and Project Coordinator
3 people are interested
National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Assistant to the President and Project Coordinator
Reports to: President
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a qualified professional to serve as Assistant to the President and Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational and project management skills with discernment, flexibility, and a passion for NAAHP’s mission. The Executive Assistant to the President and Project Coordinator will play a key role in supporting activities across NAAHP by providing exceptional executive support to the President and coordination of special projects, regularly assisting the President in interactions with external and internal stakeholders and operate on many levels with independence, efficiency, enthusiasm and professionalism.
The ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running with the ability to adapt. He or She must be willing to learn new systems and be open to feedback. Success in this position requires that you thrive in a start-up organization with multiple projects, changing priorities and deadlines, and are able to effectively juggle, manage, and drive a variety of tasks/activities at once.
- Provide administrative and project coordination support to the President. Including but not limited to: scheduling meetings and conference calls, managing calendars, arranging travel, managing and prioritizing, correspondence and processing expenses
- Play a support role in internal and external communications; maintain open communication flows among teams, other NAAHP departments, consultants and other collaborators outside the organization; actively develop relationships with staff members across the organization and key support staff at partner organizations
- Collaborate with Operations Department in managing logistics during conferences and ensuring meetings have space and technology necessary
- Assume a proactive role in increasing the productivity, efficiency and organization, ensuring that time is focused on accomplishing the organization's highest priorities.
- Analyze project needs and drive where appropriate. Also needs to be able to demonstrate independent judgment and move activities/efforts forward on your own when possible
- Assist with funding applications; preparing reports and paperwork for funders
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of expenses and project details on shared tracking documents and spread sheets.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, events, and trainings, as requested.
- Assist in development and documentation of all program activities.
- Minimum 2-3 years' related experience
- Strong experience in working with and supporting senior executives, with demonstrated expertise in anticipating and fulfilling the needs and priorities
- Proven ability to multi-task with outstanding time management skills, demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks, as well as important, long-term projects requiring collaboration
- Comfortable with new technology and troubleshooting equipment, as needed (e.g. audio/visual and conference call equipment, etc.)
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Professional and positive customer service-driven approach
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required; experience with Excel preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a startup environment that is subject to ambiguity
About National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
P.O. Box 5096, Hillside, NJ 07205, US
To connect, empower, and mobilize students and professionals in the Haitian diaspora, and to facilitate diaspora contributions to Haiti’s economic and social progress.
Founded in 2011, the National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established by diverse group of forward-thinking industry experts, youth leaders, faculty, public and nonprofit sector professionals from Haiti and its global diaspora. NAAHP is focused on connecting a global community of peers with career advancement resources as well as fostering transformative relationships between NAAHP members and committed stakeholders to strengthen Haiti through philanthropy and social entrepreneurship.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.