The Target Investment Zone Workforce Development Program is designed to expand Living Classrooms' workforce/economic development strategies throughout the Baltimore Target Investment Zone; a 2.5 square-mile corridor located within East Baltimore where Living Classrooms is working with key partners to deliver targeted services in an effort to disrupt the cycle of generational poverty. Our workforce development program connects adults that are low-skilled, unemployed, underemployed, and dislocated workers to career training and high wage employment opportunities.
We are looking for volunteers to assist with two unique opportunities!
1. Identity Clinics, Fridays (9:30am-12:30pm): Trained volunteers work one-on-one with adults from within the community we serve to get three documents: Social Security Cards, State IDs, and/or Birth Certificates.
We are looking for 4-6 volunteers to assist our staff with check-ins, registration, and other administrative-type work. This clinic gets BUSY, so the more hands, the better!
2. Resume Reviews, Saturdays (11:00am-1:00pm): Work one-on-one with adults who are looking to apply for jobs! We are looking for volunteers to assist our participants with editing their resumes as this is the first big step in applying. Note: This opportunity will likely start in March.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Administrative Support
- Professional Development
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 3 hours, depending on availability