Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
For more than a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been helping change kids’ perspectives and giving them the opportunity to reach their potential. Being a Big Brother or Big Sister is one of the most enjoyable and fulfilling things you’ll ever do. You can help shape a child’s future for the better by empowering them to achieve. And the best part is, it’s actually a lot of fun. You and your Little can share the kinds of activities you already like to do.
We understand that your time is valuable, so we’ve created two unique programs to become a Big in your community. Learn more about our Site and Community based programs to fit within your needs below.
SITE-BASED In this program, volunteers meet with their Little Brother or Little Sister one hour a week at a nearby school or after-school site. (Check with your employer; some businesses encourage staff to volunteer by offering to pay for volunteer time.) We ask for volunteers to commit to at least 12 months in this program, but most stay in the program nearly twice that long! COMMUNITY This program allows you the opportunity to pick up your Little Brother or Little Sister at the child’s home and spend time engaged in activities you both enjoy in the community. Outings can range from going for a walk, working on arts and crafts, taking a bike ride or watching a sporting event. Through partnerships, our agency also provides free or reduced-priced tickets to our Bigs and Littles to various events in the community. In the Community-Based program, volunteers spend at least eight hours with their Little each month, typically in the evenings or on the weekend.
- Big Couple: where a committed couple can mentor a Little Brother together, sharing the responsibilities and commitments while also serving as an example of a happy, healthy relationship.
- Sports Buddies: where we match a Big and a Little who share a love of playing and watching sports. We have great partnerships with our local teams and often can often offer free tickets to our Sports Buddies.
- Foster care: where we match a volunteer mentor with a child who has been placed in foster care.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- YMCA Reads!
- Alpha House of Pinellas County
- Celebrate Outreach
- Lunch Pals Program
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
- The Salvation Army of St....
- St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Boley Centers, Inc.
- Homeless Empowerment Project
- Abilities Foundation, Inc.
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of...
- Sunshine Senior Center
- Empath Health / Suncoast PACE
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- St. Vincent de Paul CARES
- Gulf Coast Jewish Family and...
- Florida Dream Center
- Feeding Tampa Bay
- Mease Countryside Hospital