Job Title: Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice Volunteer
Purpose: To engage in life review with hospice patients who have served in the Armed Forces by creating a supportive environment
Location: Greater Columbus Metro Area
- Assist fellow veterans in reminiscing by actively listening and sharing experiences
- Educate and assist patients about potential veteran benefits
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates or other materials in recognition of a patient’s service
- Assist in finding or replacing medals
- Assist in arranging military funeral honors, upon request
Time Commitment: Minimum one visit a month for at least 6 months
Qualifications: Veteran of the U.S. Armed forces, kind, respectful
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Age Requirement: None
Dress Code: Casual
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One visit per month for at least 6 months
- Health and safety screenings including TB test and Flu shot
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- Phone-A-Friend Volunteer
- Birthday Brigade
- Friendly Pet Visitor
- "On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Volunteer Hair Stylist
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Administrative Support
- Spiritual Support Hospice...
- Musical Moments Hospice Volunteer
- Comfort Companion Hospice...
- Biography / Family History...
- Support Group facilitator
- Craft Leader
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Special Events Assistant