Our mission is to honor America’s Veterans by ensuring exceptional health outcomes that improve their well-being.Vision
Our vision is to be a Veteran-centered, integrated health organization ensuring excellent health outcomes via care service, coordination, research, and education; an organization where people choose to work; an engaged community partner; and responsive to National emergencies.
We are very excited to have a vital, vibrant volunteer force at our facility. Our goal is to ensure that the volunteer experience at Bay Pines VA Healthcare System is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors, and caregivers. To learn more about becoming a volunteer, please call Voluntary Service at 727-398-9394.No Benchwarmers Here
We are looking for people who have the following requirements:
- A friendly, outgoing personality
- Good communication skills
Bay Pines VA Healthcare System volunteers come from all areas of the community and represent a variety of professions, physical abilities, age groups, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
All have made the commitment to donate their time to patients, families and visitors and become a part of our community.
Adult volunteers (minimum of 18 years old) who are considered to be Regularly Scheduled are asked to commit to a minimum of 4 hours each week for a minimum of one year.
Unit and area specific training is provided for each placement. It is possible to cross-train a volunteer in several areas of the hospital. Every effort is made to match the applicant’s skills, abilities, schedule and interests with the needs of the facility.
As a member of our volunteer team, you will receive:
- General orientation to Voluntary Service
- Job specific orientation
- Immediate gratification - You earn points for the smiles you induce
- Improved health
- Free parking
- Meal Ticket (after 4 hours of service)
- Free Flu Shots (for adults and for youth volunteers with parental signature)
- Letters of Recommendation (after 100 hours of service)
- Eligibility for scholarships offered by service organizations and VA
- Training opportunities
Every hour of volunteer service is deeply appreciated, and service awards are presented each year to honor active volunteers for their contributions to Bay Pines VA Healthcare System. Volunteers are able to donate their hours to many service/civic organizations. Teen and adult volunteers are recognized at formal and informal events throughout the year.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week
- YMCA Reads!
- Alpha House of Pinellas County
- Celebrate Outreach
- Lunch Pals Program
- Youth and Family Alternatives
- Supportive Services for Veteran...
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
- Connections Job Development...
- New Port Richey Va Clinic
- The Salvation Army of St....
- St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Boley Centers, Inc.
- Homeless Empowerment Project
- Veterans Alternative
- Sunshine Senior Center
- Empath Health / Suncoast PACE
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- Florida Dream Center
- Feeding Tampa Bay
- Mease Countryside Hospital