New Port Richey Va Clinic
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where9912 Little RdNew Port Richey, FL 34654
"To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's veterans."
Volunteers are needed:
- Assist veterans in using the Vet Link Kiosk to verify and update their address, phone number, personal information, health insurance, next of kin, and check in for their appointments. Must be comfortable with computers, can communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, presentable and dependable. Job does requires pro-longed standing.
- Transport patients (both ambulatory and non-ambulatory) to clinical, diagnostic, and/or therapeutic appointments at locations throughout the hospital and nursing home. Must have the ability to walk, push wheelchairs and/or small carts, and gurneys with the assistance of another person. Must be courteous, friendly and display a caring attitude, while maintaining patient confidentiality. Position requires prolonged standing, walking, and pushing.
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors as they enter the VA Medical Center. Provide them with information on patient location, clinics, and appointment schedule, as well as escort them to clinics or wards if warranted. This position may also get wheelchairs for patients and administer greeter exit surveys to facilitate immediate improvements. Position requires an interest in direct patient interaction, friendly and outgoing personality, positive attitude, and limited computer use. Position requires prolonged standing, some walking, and some stooping, bending, pushing and lifting.
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- YMCA Reads!
- Alpha House of Pinellas County
- Celebrate Outreach
- Lunch Pals Program
- Youth and Family Alternatives
- Supportive Services for Veteran...
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
- Connections Job Development...
- New Port Richey Va Clinic
- The Salvation Army of St....
- St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Boley Centers, Inc.
- Homeless Empowerment Project
- Veterans Alternative
- Sunshine Senior Center
- Empath Health / Suncoast PACE
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- Florida Dream Center
- Feeding Tampa Bay
- Mease Countryside Hospital