Volunteer Hair Stylist
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Job Title: Volunteer Hair Stylist
Purpose: To help hospice patients look good and feel good through gentle hair care including hair washing, scalp massage, styling, and other services as requested.
Location: Greater Columbus Metro area
- Provide hair styling services at patient request in a gentle manner
- Be willing to adapt techniques to suit patients who may be in elderly, frail, or in pain
- Respect patient’s home environment and professional preferences
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Works with: Registered Nurse Case Managers, Social Workers, Patients & Families
Time Commitment: As needed for a minimum of 6 months plus 4-6 hours of hospice volunteer training and annual online inservices.
- State of Ohio Cosmetologist, Hairstylist or Barber license (current)
- Hospice Orientation and Training
- Health & Safety Screenings (including TB test and Flu shot)
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Age Requirement: 18
Dress Code: Casual
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Columbus Metro AreaColumbus, OH 43215
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One visit per month for at least 6 months
- State of Ohio Cosmetology, Hairstylist, or Barber's license; TB Test; Flu Shot