Alpha House of Pinellas County
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where701 5th Avenue NorthSaint Petersburg, FL 33701
ALPHA House provides housing and supportive services to:
- Homeless pregnant women and teens
- New mothers with infants
- Families experiencing crisis pregnancies
We are Pinellas County’s only residential maternity program.
Since its founding in 1979, ALPHA House has supported more than 3,000 women, teens and infants with housing and life skills training. We take pride in the fact that about 90 percent of those who complete the ALPHA House program successfully transition into permanent housing and independent living.
In addition, ALPHA House serves non-resident families in need through our community outreach program, which provides baby items, children’s clothing, maternity clothes, infant layettes, diapers, baby food and toys. Over the years, ALPHA has distributed child care items to more than 30,000 families in need throughout Pinellas County.
Here at ALPHA House, we are always looking for compassionate and committed volunteers in areas such as:
- Clothes sorting and donations
- Community/public relations
- Building repair and maintenance
- Clothing drop-off
- Special events
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- YMCA Reads!
- Alpha House of Pinellas County
- Celebrate Outreach
- Lunch Pals Program
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
- The Salvation Army of St....
- St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Boley Centers, Inc.
- Homeless Empowerment Project
- Abilities Foundation, Inc.
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of...
- Sunshine Senior Center
- Empath Health / Suncoast PACE
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- St. Vincent de Paul CARES
- Gulf Coast Jewish Family and...
- Florida Dream Center
- Feeding Tampa Bay
- Mease Countryside Hospital