Are you friendly, outgoing, and enjoy event management?
We would love for you to join our Community!
Our Education Program Events (EPE) Volunteer will be responsible for managing our popular educational workshops (also known as Lunch and Learn's), special events, and other various social activities for the Cancer Support Community Los Angeles (CSCLA).
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Greeting visitors
- Setting up/breaking down chairs and tables
- Ensuring refreshments are prepared
- Setting up presentation materials for attendees
- Ensuring cleanliness of center is restored after event for members, visitors, and staff
- 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
- 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Detail oriented
- Maintain clean and neat presence of communal areas
- Communicate in a positive, polite, and respectful manner
- Friendly attitude and comfortable working around people with cancer
- Ability to work independently and alongside a team
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds and follow directions
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Takes initiative to perform duties under minimal supervision
- Volunteer Orientation and specific on-site training available
The mission of Cancer Support Community Los Angeles is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. Our programs include educational workshops, mind-body, stress reduction & exercise classes, group support & networking, individual counseling, and social gatherings. All programs and services are provided free of charge. www.cancersupportla.org.
If you are interested in volunteering in this or other positions at Cancer Support Community, please contact Ida at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 1/2 hours per week on Fridays