We are looking for people to join our teaching team in 2018.
As a volunteer teacher you will help plan and deliver classes to children. We teach from ages 3 to 17. All of our classes are conducted in English, so no Spanish knowledge is required. We teach using a variety of methods and the main focus of our classes is on English language conversation and also academic tutoring. Classes are fairly small in size and run Monday to Friday afternoons and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Volunteer teachers typically work 25-30 hours per week with weekends free.
We are looking for people with experience teaching or working with children, or those with a strong desire to learn. We welcome people who well within a team and can bring new ideas and energy to the classroom.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Fluency in English (native and non-native speakers welcome)
- No criminal convictions
- Can submit a resume and reference
We accept applications throughout the year. Places are available from February to December and a minimum commitment of 6 weeks is required (longer stays are given preference).
- Comfortable accommodation
- Meals and/or food during work days
- Laundry facilities/service
- Letter of recommendation from our director
- Certificate of registered voluntary service / teaching hours
- Airport transfers (depending on arrival time)
- In country support
- Discounts on Spanish and dance classes and free local travel advice/planning
There are no fees to volunteer on this program and space are limited throughout the year. Volunteers are responsible for their own flights to/from Costa Rica and additional personal expenses. We also recommend volunteers have a suitable travel insurance policy.
Please contact us with your name, age, nationality and tell us why you would like to volunteer with us. Please also include the dates you would like to volunteer to/from.
We will contact all suitable applicants to talk further.
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 6 weeks or more
- - 18 years or older - Fluency in English (native and non-native speakers welcome) - No criminal conv