Mentor Teen Girls Various Locations Gurnee, Waukegan, Chicago, Elgin
9 people are interested
Group Mentor for Teen Girl Program/ Youth Coordinator
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to empower and inspire every woman and girl to be her personal best. Our mission is to embrace the potential of all women and girls by providing: Positive Influence, Learning Opportunities, Community Partnership, Leadership Development. Group mentors deliver program for middle school and high school aged girls in a various Chicago and surrounding suburbs. Site locations and time/ days vary depending on need.
- Manage a classroom with students from middle and high school.
- Have some experience in small and large group dynamics (how to steer conversation, keep participants on task without taking over).
- Deliver program with basic knowledge about the social, emotional, and physical development of teen girls.
- Participate in the creation and distribution of newsletters and other promotional and educational materials.
- Work with other group mentors to provide a compelling customer service.
- Facilitate a broad range of workshops and activities.
- Complete reports as required by leadership team.
- Building relationship with the community and schools and be the face of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Classroom Management Skills: Communication, Time Management, Instruction Skills, Patience, Creativity and People Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Have a passion for the program.
- Bachelor’s degree, pursuing GED or equivalent in the field of Education, Nursing, Counseling or Social Work.
- Basic knowledge/experience in these areas or relevant field.
- Retired professionals may also apply.
- We are open to students seeking internships. (credit may be applicable to certain schools and/or programs)
- Mandatory background check is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to program locations using own transportation or public transportation.
- Master’s degree in Education, Counseling or Social Work.
What is in it for you?
- A certificate of appreciation which can also be proof of work experience.
- An opportunity to network with talented professionals in the field of education, counseling, nursing, and psychology and obtain insights on current trends.
- A strong reference for your time spent as a group mentor. Build girls confidence and change the world one girl at a time...
How to Apply
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help girl become to best women they can be, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
About In Her Shoes Foundation
155 N MICHIGAN AVE STE 9012, CHICAGO, IL 60601, US
In Her Shoes Foundation (IHSF) is a 501(c)3 organization that is dedicated to making a positive impact on society by empowering women and girls. OUR VISION is to empower and inspire every woman and girl to be her personal best. OUR MISSION is to embrace the potential of all women and girls by providing: • Positive Influences • Learning Opportunities • Community Partnerships • Leadership Development OUR CORE VALUES form the foundation of how we conduct ourselves as an organization. These are also the qualities we value and encourage in our members and volunteers. We are: • Accountable • Empathetic • Intentional • Authentic • Inclusive
A NOTE FROM OUR FOUNDER
In Her Shoes Foundation has over 60 committee volunteers who run this organization on a daily basis, in addition to working their full-time jobs and fulfilling their everyday obligations as parents, spouses, siblings, daughters - or sons and friends. When I founded this foundation in 2008 we originally called it The Positive Girls Club. It was envisioned as an organization that would support women of all ages who were determined to make positive changes in their lives. I started hosting monthly professional development workshops to inspire, connect, educate, and support the women in our community. Today, over 10 years later, we’re now known as In Her Shoes Foundation, and our flagship program, Ready Set Girls Academy, is exceeding our goals year over year for reaching young women preventatively. This curriculum-based program is run by our volunteer group mentors and is being delivered within public and private high schools. In addition we partnered with multiple community organization who support our initiative.
Today, we are achieving our vision of empowering and inspiring every woman and girl to be her personal best. We currently have three programs and hope to expand in the next couple of years. Please learn more about the Professional Development Program and the Giving Back Program via www.inhershoesfoundation.org
Thank you for attending and supporting our events.
Kasia Wereszczynska, MA, LCPC, RYT.
We'll work with your schedule.
1580 N Northwest Highway Suite 200Park Ridge, IL 60068
- Crisis Intervention
- Group Facilitation
- Youth Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training