Mentor Teen Girls Various Locations Gurnee, Waukegan, Chicago, Elgin
8 people are interested
Group Mentor for Teen Girl Program/ Youth Coordinator
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to empower and inspire every woman and girl to be her personal best. Our mission is to embrace the potential of all women and girls by providing: Positive Influence, Learning Opportunities, Community Partnership, Leadership Development. Group mentors deliver program for middle school and high school aged girls in a various Chicago and surrounding suburbs. Site locations and time/ days vary depending on need.
- Manage a classroom with students from middle and high school.
- Have some experience in small and large group dynamics (how to steer conversation, keep participants on task without taking over).
- Deliver program with basic knowledge about the social, emotional, and physical development of teen girls.
- Participate in the creation and distribution of newsletters and other promotional and educational materials.
- Work with other group mentors to provide a compelling customer service.
- Facilitate a broad range of workshops and activities.
- Complete reports as required by leadership team.
- Building relationship with the community and schools and be the face of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Classroom Management Skills: Communication, Time Management, Instruction Skills, Patience, Creativity and People Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Have a passion for the program.
- Bachelor’s degree, pursuing GED or equivalent in the field of Education, Nursing, Counseling or Social Work.
- Basic knowledge/experience in these areas or relevant field.
- Retired professionals may also apply.
- We are open to students seeking internships. (credit may be applicable to certain schools and/or programs)
- Mandatory background check is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to program locations using own transportation or public transportation.
- Master’s degree in Education, Counseling or Social Work.
What is in it for you?
- A certificate of appreciation which can also be proof of work experience.
- An opportunity to network with talented professionals in the field of education, counseling, nursing, and psychology and obtain insights on current trends.
- A strong reference for your time spent as a group mentor. Build girls confidence and change the world one girl at a time...
How to Apply
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help girl become to best women they can be, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
We'll work with your schedule.
1580 N Northwest Highway Suite 200Park Ridge, IL 60068
- Crisis Intervention
- Group Facilitation
- Youth Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training