WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WherePO Box 875Marion, OH 43301
Turning Point is a domestic violence shelter providing services to 6 counties in Ohio: Crawford, Delaware, Marion, Morrow, Union, and Wyandot counties.
Throughout these counties, Turning Point has various locations with our posters and an attached business card holder. Some locations also request brochures about various domestic violence matters.
We are looking for various volunteers in our service area who would be willing to engage with these locations to "stock" them with business cards as well as any other literature requested. Turning Point would be providing all business cards and literature, and willing to meet volunteer at an offsite location with materials to distribute around their "home" county.
- The desire to help survivors of domestic violence.
- The ability to communicate with people of various social classes, economic classes, racial/ethnic backgrounds, and sexual identities.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A completed BCI background check, completed at volunteer's own expense. (Turning Point will reimburse the cost of the BCI check after the volunteer has completed 20 hours of volunteering time within 6 months of the receipt of the completed check.)
- Completion of a brief training session, which includes a tour of shelter, familiarization with Turning Point policies, and discussion of questions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Agreement to follow Turning Point policies and procedures.
- Valid Ohio driver's license or State ID.
- Relationship Building
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- No time commitment. Work when you can!
- Must maintain confidentiality.