The Crisis Solutions Center (CSC) provides a resource for police, medics, crisis mental health professionals, and other first responders to use for individuals who are in crisis and might otherwise receive no help, or be taken to jail or a hospital emergency department. The goal of the CSC is to reduce chronic homelessness and unnecessary involvement in the criminal justice and emergency medical systems.
CSC Project Volunteer Coordinator position:
This position is overseen/supervised by CSC/CDF Day Clinical Supervisor Ryann M. Ill?n, LICSWA
- Coordinate new CSC volunteers w/DESC Volunteer-Volunteer Coordinator Margaret Klockars
- Participate in DESC Volunteer Orientations (typically alternating 2nd Tues/Sat monthly)
- Communicate and schedule w/CSC Volunteers via email, telephone and or in person
- Facilitate CSC Volunteer Orientations:
-Arrange CSC orientations (typically alternating 3rd Weds/Sat monthly)
-Provide tour of CSC facility and staff
-Review role of CSC volunteer
-Review CSC Volunteer Safety Guidelines
- Track/Update CSC Volunteer's Schedule/Start & End Date/Hours/Food Handlers Permit & Safety Doc in CSC Volunteer Spread Sheet.
- Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday, 7am to 3:30pm, 2-4hrs per week.
- Much of the coordination for this position can be completed off-site and orientations will need to be facilitated in person.
- This is a unpaid, volunteer position.
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Cmmitment 6 months +