There’s a magical place in the heart of Idaho and it is called Camp Rainbow Gold. It’s a place where cancer does not rule, but being a child does. It’s a place where children have an inner light, an incredible viewpoint of life and wisdom beyond their years. It’s an oncology camp, a sibling camp and a family camp. It’s a teen support group, an autumn retreat and a college scholarship program. It’s a celebration of life!Camp Rainbow Gold offers year-round programs to Idaho children battling cancer as well as their families and we are looking for volunteers to help with our summer camps.
- Work with two other counselors to provide leadership and guidance to a cabin of about 10 campers.
- Guide campers through camp activities such as rafting, mountain biking, and crafts; taking care to ensure each camper is adjusting to their camp experience.
- Assist with camp programs and activities as assigned.
- Be alert to the specific physical limitations and medical conditions of every camper in your cabin.
- Family Camp: June 7-10
- Sibling Camp: July 8-13
- Teen Oncology Camp: July 15-20
- Youth Oncology Camp: July 22-27
The things you need to know:
- Camp Rainbow Gold helps support more than 300 families a year and wouldn't be able to offer its programs for free without the generous donations of the public and the hundreds of volunteers who donate at least a week of their time each summer.
- Go to the CampRainbowGold.org website before April 15, 2018 to register as a volunteer. Registering for a camp does not guarantee a position on the team or a specific camp.
- You must be available to attend volunteer training for the weekend of May 19 th and 20 th at Cathedral Pines Baptist Camp.
- You must be able to attend the entire camp. For the summer camps you will arrive on Saturday and not head home until the afternoon on the following Friday.
Please do not hesitate to call our volunteer coordinator Benton Smith at 208-350-6435 or email him at Benton@CampRainBowGold.org with any additional questions. Thank you for considering volunteering for Camp Rainbow Gold. We have no doubt that this summer will be another amazing experience not only for the children but also for you. Keep Shining!
For more information, including videos detailing what its like to volunteer at camp, visit www.CampRainbowGold.org.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Youth Services
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- The duration of the camp you volunteer for.