Looking for a volunteer who would like to come in on a regular basis (1 or more times a week). This Volunteer would assist in overseeing our Food Pantry. This would include activities such as:
- Taking inventory of incoming donations
- Coding and organizing donations
- Stocking shelves
- Collaborating with the Program Coordinator to communicate what our weekly needs list will consist of
- Pulling all food items the month before expiration (to ensure they get to those in need, eliminating waste)
- Assisting Program Coordinator (and possibly other volunteers) with the planning and execution of food drives
- Assisting in keeping our pantry up to code (Dare to Care partnership)
- Assisting with unloading and processing Dare to Care orders
*Note- on occasion there will be "physical labor" such as lifting boxes of canned goods or other items. This is not an every day thing and we do have other staff and volunteers in throughout the week if you are not able to do so.
We will make sure you receive as much training as needed to feel comfortable with each task. Our hope is that this volunteer can assist our other Pantry Coordinator Volunteer with the training of new volunteers or even manage groups that come in for service projects.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, Please give us a call. We would love to give you a tour of the center and explain a little more about what we do and how you can help us with our mission.
**Office hours are Monday-Thursday from 9-5.
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- One or more times a week