Join Literacy DuPage at the Elmhurst Public Library to learn more about our program and how you can help provide one-on-one tutoring to adults who want to learn English.
- No teaching experience or foreign language background is necessary. You will receive 18 hours of tutor training and ongoing support to help you meet your learner’s needs.
- Learning happens one-on-one. Post training, you and your learner will meet at a mutually convenient time and place for one two-hour session each week.
- You will help your learner gain practical skills. Our learners’ goals range from holding conversations with their children’s teachers, speaking with doctors, applying for a job or promotion and grocery shopping for chicken.
We have over 200 learners waiting to be matched with a tutor. Call (630) 416-6699 or visit our website, www.literacydupage.org to register for one of our upcoming orientations.
We look forward to seeing you at orientation!
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/week for 6 months after training
- Attend 18 hours of training post orientation.
- Bolingbrook - Change Someone's...
- Make a difference through a...
- Volunteer Program Assistant
- Change someone's life - become a...
- Use your words to make a...
- Help someone move forward and...
- Become a Volunteer Tutor with...
- Light A Spark With Your Words!
- Make a difference through...
- Change a life through literacy!