Looking for fun and energetic opportunities to interact with groups of kids? The library is in need of your skills and passion for engaging children in our community with learning and literacy! This is a special opportunity for enthusiastic volunteers willing to train for a weekly commitment during the 2018 Summer Reading season (June-August).
What will you be doing?
- Visit and provide interactive storytimes to daycare centers in the community
- Facilitate learning and activities for large groups of young children
- Coordinate with library staff to maintain an exceptional level of customer service
- Regularly commit to scheduled community visits efficiently and on-time
- Maintain positive interactions with children, daycare centers, and members of the public
- At least 18 years old with excellent people skills
- Comfortable leading and speaking in front of large groups of kids
- Great problem-solver
- Passionate about library service and MLD's mission in the community.
Please fill out the volunteer application here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=964415644&OR=1
Prospective volunteers who apply for this opportunity will be invited to a phone screening interview as the next step in the volunteer process. If selected, volunteers will be invited to a training on Saturday, April 7th.
This opportunity is in need of volunteers who can commit at least on hour a week on a weekly basis during summer 2018.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Library Sciences
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours p/wk June 2018-August 2018