Love early childhood literacy and working with kids? The library is in need of your interactive storytelling skills and passion for providing library services to kids! This is a special opportunity for enthusiastic volunteers willing to invest time in training to gear up for a weekly commitment during the 2018 Summer Reading season (June-August).
What will you be doing?
- Work with the Outreach department to visit targeted day cares and other key community centers to provide storytimes to children.
- Use concepts & methods in early childhood literacy to facilitate interactive storytimes and promote learning.
- Coordinate & work with library staff to maintain exceptional level of customer service.
- Regularly commit to scheduled community visits efficiently and on-time.
- Maintains positive interactions with children, daycare centers, and members of the public.
To know if this opportunity is right for you, view the volunteer handbook here: https://www.mld.org/sites/default/files/u310/MLD%20Volunteer%20Handbook.pdf
Please fill out the volunteer application here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=964415644&OR=1
Prospective volunteers who apply for this opportunity will be invited to an interview as the next step in the volunteer process. If selected, volunteers will be invited to a required training on Saturday, April 7th.
This opportunity is in need of volunteers who can commit at least on hour a week on a weekly basis during summer 2018.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Library Sciences
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours p/wk June 2018-August 2018