ReStore Customer Service Volunteer
Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore is a place for donating and purchasing new and used building materials and home improvement items. Profits from the ReStore support our mission of providing affordable homeownership opportunities to lower income people. We are seeking an organized, efficient, flexible, energetic, and personable individual for the position of ReStore Customer Service Volunteer. This is an opportunity to gain experience and use your skills to ultimately help raise funds to support a successful non-profit organization.
- Customer Service - Answering questions, assisting with merchandise, clarifying policies, resolving disputes, answering phone, greeting customers.
- Merchandising - Assist staff to prepare appropriate space for incoming items. Facilitating the logical and attractive display of merchandise.
- Cashier Assistance - Facilitating checkout, bagging, and covering cashier absences.
- Routine Cleaning/Safety - Assist with overall store cleanliness, keep an eye out for potential safety hazards and eliminate them or bring them to the attention of someone who can.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of LHFH.
- Retail experience a plus
- People Skills
- Appliance Repair
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hours a week