Position Title: Volunteer Driver
Department: Aging Alliance
Reports To: Supervisor, Community Engagement Specialist
- To improve the quality of life for seniors age 60 and over with mobility challenges who are seeking door to door transport for medical appointments, faith based services and varying social outings within the Wright County area.
- To decrease the social isolation of a senior and enhance their independence and quality of life.
- To compensate volunteers for their driving costs at $.545/mile.
Assisted Transport: Provision of assistance, including escort, to a person who has difficulties (physical or cognitive) using private transportation. The trip may include:
- Assisting the older individual in preparation for the trip
- Assisting the older individual (60+) from their place of residence into the transportation vehicle
- Assisting the older individual from the transportation vehicle to the destination (such as the doctor’s office)- and vice versa
- Staying with the older individual at the point of destination
- Assisting the older individual from the destination into the transportation vehicle, assisting the individual from the transportation vehicle into their place of residence and carrying packages into the residence.
- Each mile driven is eligible for a monetary reimbursement of $.545 per mile.
- 21 years of age or older
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience & satisfactory background check
- Valid driver’s license, registration and insurance
- Reliable & trustworthy vehicle with well-maintained upkeep and cleanliness
- Good physical & mental health
- Ability to consistently drive defensively and obey traffic laws.
- Be skilled at routes/maps and logistics
- Good listening skills and ability to provide companionship for clients
- Provide door-to-door transport services for the 60+ community in Wright County.
- Provide light and friendly conversation with the clients during the ride.
- Ensure clients are safely transported and accompanied from the vehicle to their home/destination.
- Report any deficiencies to the Community Engagement Specialist
- Complete and turn in bi-weekly mileage reimbursement forms
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 6 hours per week
- 6 months commitment
- Represents Wright County Community Action and partner agencies positively and professionally in the community.
- Accounts to the Community Engagement Specialist for driving responsibilities.
- Adheres to and participates in all WCCA Volunteer requirements, policies & procedures.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation as required.
- Participates positively and contributes to the positive image of WCCA in the community.
- Clients receive safe transport to and from their medical appointments, faith based services, or other personal appointment trips.
- Clients are pleased with the service.
- Satisfaction from the volunteer.
- Clients and volunteers are able to maintain a friendly relationship.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Helping the growing demographic of Senior Citizen’s in Wright County.
- Developing new friendships.
- Feel direct accomplishment of helping your community.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Obtain training opportunities
- Potential discounted rates through your insurance provider (may vary).
Family and friends of senior citizens are encouraged to apply!
If you are already providing transport for a loved one, you could be eligible to receive mileage reimbursement for the transport you are currently doing! Please inquire for more details.
Wright County Community Action
Attn: Aging Alliance
130 Division St. W, PO Box 787
Maple Lake, MN 55358
320-963-6500 ext 241
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Reliable vehicle, current car insurance, good driving history