Calling all rising 7th - 10th graders! Do you love playing with younger children? Interested in building leadership skills and working alongside Team Marbles to spark imagination, discovery and learning? Apply to be a part of Marbles Teen Play Corps. Participants playfully engage younger kids in exploring science, art, creativity, physical activity, and hands-on learning in Marbles exhibits, programs, camps, events and in the community.
Who: Rising 7th graders through rising 10th graders may apply
When: April 2018 - May 2019 (Year-long program), April 2018-August 2018 (Summer Camps). Applications due 3/30/18.
How to apply:
- Attend a Teen Play Corps Information Session at Marbles. Required for youth. Optional for parents.
Teen Play Corps Information Sessions:
- Saturday, February 24, 2-4pm
- Sunday, February 25, 3-5pm
- Sunday, March 18, 1:30-3:30pm
- Sunday, March 25, 2-4pm
2. Complete an application. Applications should be completed by the STUDENT.
3. Submit one recommendation. Recommendations should come from a teacher, coach, or another non-family member who knows you well.
4. (Optional) Submit a two-minute video telling us about who you are, what you love, and why you want to volunteer at Marbles. Click here to submit video.
All application materials are due by Friday, March 30, 2018.
All Teen Play Corps participants are required to attend one session of Basic Training in May. At Basic Training, participants will get to know each other and Team Marbles, participate in leadership development activities, and learn how to lead play the Marbles way.
Sunday, May 6, 10am-1pm
Saturday, May 12, 10am-1pm
Following Basic Training, participants can attend additional training sessions offered regularly in order to qualify for other play opportunities, like exhibit and program play, special events, and community presence.
Sunday, May 6, 1:30-4:30pm
Saturday, May 12, 1:30-4:30pm
Teen Play Corps members are expected to volunteer during the summer and throughout the school year.
Summer Volunteer Opportunities
Teen Play Corps volunteers have two ways to volunteer from June-August:
1. Summer Camp Play: Volunteer in summer camps by engaging in play with children ages 3-10, assisting staff with setting up and breaking down activities, and helping campers make Marbleous memories
- When: June-August 2018
- Commitment: Minimum of three weeks
- Middle school students may volunteer for half days. High school students may volunteer for full or half days. Morning shift: 8:30am-1pm. Afternoon shift: 12:30-4:30pm. Participants may only volunteer for two consecutive weeks.
2.Summer Museum Play Practice: Practice leading play with Marbles campers during Play Practice sessions throughout the summer. Receive coaching and mentoring from Marbles' staff. Offered twice each week from 11am-2pm.
Come play as often as you can!
- When: Three-hour shifts available twice a week, June-August
- Commitment: Minimum of one shift per month
Academic Year Volunteer Opportunities
Teen Play Corps participants have lots of ways to play throughout the school year. Volunteers are encouraged to volunteer as often as they like and for a minimum of one shift per month.
- Leading play in exhibits
- Helping to facilitate science, art, cooking, fitness programs
- Assisting with School's Out and First Friday Kids Camps
- Bringing play to the community at festivals, libraries, and parks
- Lending a hand at special museum events like Kooky Spooky, Evening with Elves, and Princess Tea
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-857-1035
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training