JerseySTEM is volunteer, grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the innovative, opportunity, and gender gaps in STEM education for children in New Jersey’s underserved communities. We are dedicated to partnering with local schools and other organizations to create and enhance STEM-oriented educational opportunities for students in grades 5-8 as part of their paths towards college and career readiness. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, and hands-on structured programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. Classes last up to 10 weeks and are predominantly taught by trained volunteer college students. Volunteers typically donate an average of 2 hours/week to the success of the program.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for partnering with our branding team. The Graphic Designer will produce elements such as brochures, letters, marketing collaterals, high fidelity wireframes for our website, and print material such as banners. He/she should be an expert at Adobe Suite and interested in building their portfolio. Some of their work will be featured in major newspapers and media.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing
What’s in it for the Volunteer
- Work with savvy entrepreneurs and business leaders and gain experience at a nonprofit startup
- Gain experience by working on cutting-edge technologies and tools
- Opportunity to publish their work in major newspapers and media
- Build professional network and references. Our executive and management teams are very experienced business leaders who are committed to personal success
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Use creative skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, MS word, G-Suite to create marketing collaterals such as brochures, magazines, newsletters, decks, print items, booth marketing kits, and stationary
- Follow graphic charter guidelines and partner with brand/PR teams to create marketing collaterals aligned with corporate identity
- Pick and choose projects of interest
- Be accountable for the delivery by deadlines set by management
- This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest people in the industry
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Dependency and commitment to the job
- Demonstrate a passion for kids, education, and graphic designing
- Must be extremely tech savvy
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Past experience(s) in Graphic Design. Applicants must submit a portfolio
Weekly Time Commitment Required
Minimum of ~8 hours per week commitment is preferred
This is a virtual position
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- ~8 hours/week; position is virtual
- Comfort working in a virtual team setting
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- COA: Java Tutor for High School...
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...