The Corner Community Center (CCC) is a Maryland non-profit with 501(c)(3) status whose mission is to enrich our community by providing a facility for worship, arts, education, recreation, and celebration for personal and collective growth. Located in the Roland Park neighborhood of Baltimore City, CCC is the home of five congregations and 24 groups. CCC is working to enhance and expand the use of its building and grounds to provide opportunities to network, learn about environmental changes, present speakers and programs that deal with city-wide concerns and offer spaces for meeting and programs.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of The Corner Community Center’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Interim Executive Director and the Board President in all development and fundraising endeavors.
With the exception of the Building Administrator, Accountant, and Sexton, all staff positions are unpaid. The Director of Development would also work to find ways of funding these positions.
- Must embrace CCC’s mission
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a "self-starter" and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Some experience in professional fundraising.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the Interim Executive Director, Board President, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about CCC’s activities
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 per week
- Millennial Navigators Group...
- Special Events/Fundraising...
- Social Media Manager
- Job Counselor/Coach
- Advisory Board Coordinator and...
- Resume Coach
- Event Chair and Committee...
- Director of Development, Corner...
- Baltimore Job Hunters Support...
- Research Assistant
- Data Entry Specialist
- Baltimore SPARK/Freelancers...