The Baltimore Job Hunters Support Group (BJHSG), a Corner Community Center-based, volunteer-led group that provides psychological, emotional, and spiritual (if requested) support to the unemployed, is expanding to include a formal program of coaching, advocacy, counseling, mutual mentoring, volunteering, and connection to resources, for all persons seeking employment search assistance, with emphasis on long-term unemployed workers (defined as those who have been seeking employment for 6 months or more without success) affected by the Great Recession and those who are age 45-50+ workers.
The Corner Community Center is seeking group counselor/co-leaders for Millennial Navigators, a job seekers support group for un(der)employed workers ages 20-40. Group leaders help to develop and deliver content and facilitate discussions at weekly meetings. This opportunity can be tailored to meet the requirements of human services interns, counseling practicum students, counseling interns who need group experience and LGPCs. The BJHSG meets year-round.
We plan to kick off the group with a 10-week workshop in Fall 018 and continue as a weekly support group.
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Millennial Navigators Group...
- Special Events/Fundraising...
- Social Media Manager
- Advisory Board Coordinator and...
- Baltimore Job Hunters Support...
- Job Counselor/Coach
- Resume Coach
- Event Chair and Committee...
- Career Book Club Moderators
- Director of Development, Corner...
- TV Pitch Person and Producer
- Research Assistant
- Sign Language Interpreters...
- Data Entry Specialist