The Baltimore Job Hunters Support Group (BJHSG), a Corner Community Center-based, volunteer-led group that provides psychological, emotional, and spiritual (if requested) support to the unemployed, is expanding to include a formal program of coaching, advocacy, counseling, mutual mentoring, volunteering, and connection to resources, for all persons seeking employment search assistance, with emphasis on long-term unemployed workers (defined as those who have been seeking employment for 6 months or more without success) affected by the Great Recession and those who are age 45-50+ workers.
The Corner Community Center is seeking group counselor/co-leaders for The Baltimore Job Hunters Support Group (BJHSG). Group leaders help to develop and deliver content and facilitate discussions at our weekly meetings on Tuesdays, 1-2:30 pm. This opportunity can be tailored to meet the requirements of human services interns, counseling practicum students, counseling interns who need group experience and LGPCs. The BJHSG meets year-round.
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Public Relations
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week when facilitating a group session
- Millennial Navigators Group...
- Theater/Drama/Stage Director
- Special Events/Fundraising...
- Social Media Manager
- Advisory Board Coordinator and...
- Baltimore Job Hunters Support...
- Job Counselor/Coach
- Resume Coach
- Event Chair and Committee...
- Career Book Club Moderators
- Director of Development, Corner...
- TV Pitch Person and Producer
- Research Assistant
- Data Entry Specialist