Job Title: Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
Purpose: Provide support in a variety of ways to individuals and families experiencing grief and loss
Location: Greater Columbus Metro Area
- Facilitate grief and loss support groups
- Assist Bereavement Coordinator with mailings
- Provide support and conduct family assessments over the phone
- Help plan special events
Time Commitment: Minimum of 2 hours monthly for at least 6 months.
Qualifications: Kind, respectful, able to maintain patient confidentiality. Experience with the psychosocial issues surrounding grief and loss preferable
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Age Requirement: 21
Dress Code: Business casual (for in-office volunteers)
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2 hours monthly for at least 6 months
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- Phone-A-Friend Volunteer
- Birthday Brigade
- Friendly Pet Visitor
- "On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Volunteer Hair Stylist
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Administrative Support
- Spiritual Support Hospice...
- Musical Moments Hospice Volunteer
- Comfort Companion Hospice...
- Biography / Family History...
- Support Group facilitator
- Craft Leader
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Special Events Assistant