The primary purpose of job counselor is to work with BJHSG members helping them find gainful and meaningful employment in a career that is of their choosing. Counselors work with job seeking members only after knowing their complete employment history, barriers that they need to overcome, and their aspirations for future work. In general, a job counselor is assigned a job seeker by a BJHSG Co-Facilitator and continues to work with the member until suitable employment is secured.
Prior to beginning the formal job counseling process, counselors give each prospective member a brief overview of the BJHSG’s mission and what they can expect to receive from services. Before receiving job counseling, each member will receive a full assessment and career action plan after meeting with a BJHSG facilitator.
Job Counselors should plan on spending 2-4 hours per week including attendance at weekly support group meetings on Tuesdays (if possible). After an initial in-person meeting with a BJHSG coordinator, future sessions can be via a virtual platform or telephonic.
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- Coaching can be done via telephone or virtual platform
- Millennial Navigators Group...
- Special Events/Fundraising...
- Job Counselor/Coach
- Social Media Manager
- Advisory Board Coordinator and...
- Resume Coach
- Event Chair and Committee...
- Director of Development, Corner...
- Baltimore Job Hunters Support...
- Research Assistant
- Data Entry Specialist
- Baltimore SPARK/Freelancers...