Job Title: Birthday Brigade
Purpose: To help hospice patients feel special and loved by planning and hosting modest birthday celebrations.
- Deliver cake, punch, and paper products to a patient and family for a birthday celebration
- With patient permission, take photos to share with the hospice team
- Must be willing to drive to patient location
Time Commitment: As needed, 2-3 hour shifts, for a minimum of 6 months
Qualifications: Kind, respectful, punctual, and organized
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Age Requirement: None
Dress Code: Casual. Party hats optional
- Event Design & Planning
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- As needed, 2-3 hour shifts, for a? minimum of 6 mo
- Hospice training plus health and safety screenings including TB test and flu shot
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- Phone-A-Friend Volunteer
- Birthday Brigade
- Friendly Pet Visitor
- "On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Volunteer Hair Stylist
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Administrative Support
- Spiritual Support Hospice...
- Musical Moments Hospice Volunteer
- Comfort Companion Hospice...
- Biography / Family History...
- Support Group facilitator
- Craft Leader
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Special Events Assistant