Join us on this exciting day as we gather at the capitol to show our elected officials how many Nebraskans are impacted by Alzheimer's disease. Let’s turn the Capitol purple!
Registration required by Thursday, February 22 - Visit the "Advocate" page at alz.org/nebraska or call 800.272.3900.
What is State Advocacy Day?
State Advocacy Day is your chance to meet face-to-face with your state elected officials to discuss Alzheimer’s disease and its impact on Nebraska. Share your personal story of how Alzheimer’s has impacted your life and make strategic requests of state policymakers.
- 7:30 a.m.Check-in and complimentary light breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. Advocacy 101 Training Learn about state priorities and how to hold a legislative visit.
- 10:00 a.m. Legislative Visits Meet with elected officials and put to action
- information learned in the training session.
- Noon Complimentary Lunch
Together, we can make Alzheimer's disease a priority in Nebraska.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours
- Registration required; Please wear purple business casual