Opportunity: Scholarship Competition Judge
Program: Emerging Leaders Program I
Number of volunteers needed: 3 per location
Time/Date: Sunday, Apr. 8th 3:00-5:pm AND Tuesday, Apr. 10th, 6:00 - 9pm (Falls Church & Fairfax)
Scholarship Competition Judges will convene on Sunday, April 8th from 3 - 5pm to meet the site facilitator and for the three judges to go over the students’ scholarship applications, academic transcripts, and resumes before the Scholarship Interview Night on either April 10th or April 11th .
On Scholarship Interview Night, the Scholarship Judges sit on a panel and will interview each of the applicants for ELP I's internal scholarship competition. The scholarship winner receives a college scholarship of $500 that goes towards their second semester of tuition at any post-secondary institution. Judges use our pre-selected questions and rubric to score each applicant, and can draw on the students’ written application, resume and transcript to help guide them. The winner of the scholarship from each location is announced at the Emerging Leaders Program graduation ceremony. Apply to be a two-time volunteer for Spring 2018 here:https://tinyurl.com/y9j7z9qf
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- April 8th 3:00PM-5:00PM & April 10th 6:00PM-9:00PM
- Fairfax Scholarship Competition...
- Arlington Immigrant Youth High...
- Arlington Scholarship...
- Career Panelists
- Falls Church Career Panelists
- Arlington Career Panelists
- Alexandria Scholarship...
- Alexandria Career Panel
- AmeriCorps Member - Immigrant...
- Fairfax Career Panelists
- Alexandria Immigrant Youth High...
- Fairfax Speech Competition Judges
- Arlington or Falls Church Speech...
- Alexandria Speech Competition...