We are looking for Educational Advocate for our organization.
Are you an expert on education and protecting others from being taken advantage of?
Do you enjoy helping others and making a difference?
Is advocating right for you?
Would you like work experience that looks good on a resume or college application?
If you responded "Yes" to the above questions, then the Educational Advocate position with the New Heights Educational Group may be a good fit for you.
- Must have knowledge of special educationand the implementation of individualized education programs
- Must be open to alternative learning styles
- Must be a team player and self-starter with good communication skills
- Functional knowledge of the complex laws, regulations, and programs on both the state and federal level that affect probation involved youth and persons with disabilities and special education
- Knowledge of benefits and services available to persons with disabilities under federal, state, and local laws-including vocational rehabilitation and independent living services
- Experience with problem solving and client advocacy
- Knowledge of the civil rights, complaint and enforcement procedures for persons with disabilities
- Ability to communicate concisely, accurately, and clearly in person, by telephone, and in writing
- Ability to prepare timely, accurate, and concise reports, and contribute to and maintain client records in the MOD database
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, service providers, municipal, federal, and state officials and public and private program administrators
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, office equipment, the Internet, and the computer
Informational and planning meeting after onboarding
- Interview clients, review records, investigate facts, and recognize key issues
- Accompany families to IEP/ARD and 504 meetings
- Negotiate favorable outcomes and mediate disputes
- Refer to other programs when appropriate and other duties as assigned
- Devise special instructional aids to meet individual educational deficiencies and provide fill-in-the-gaps education.
You will need to provide a resume and three references, including email addresses. You will also need to provide a drivers license and background check.
To be considered, please send all of the above mentioned documents to NewHeightsEducation@yahoo.com.
If assigned a HR Coordinator if you don't hear from us, please reach out again. All applications are answered. We suggest you check the spam folder for any correspondence not received.
Please provide your email & phone number is Mandatory.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Internet Radio Host
- Content management on WordPress...
- Ohio Department of Education...
- Spreaker Expert/Internet Radio...
- PDF Presenter and Virtual...
- Videographer and cinematographers
- Speech Therapist - Language...
- APP Experts - Including product...
- Event Coordinator/ Decorator
- Educational Advocate
- Logo Design and Branding...
- Partnership Builder
- Cartoonist Volunteer
- Online Foreign Language...
- Subsitute Teacher/Tutor Volunteer
- Speech Therapist - Volunteer
- Online Class Monitors
- Assistant Virtual Development...
- NHEG National Student Leadership...
- Grant Writers