PayBack, Inc. is seeking to strengthen its current board of directors with individuals willing to execute on the strategic direction of the organization. We are looking for enthusiastic leaders. Candidates with experience in non-profit management and/or fundraising, marketing, social media, financial management are favored.
Candidates will also possess the following qualities:
- Experience with fundraising, marketing, social media, and/or financial management
- Ability to listen, analyze, think creatively, and work one-on-one with people and in a group setting
- Willing to prepare for and attend board and committee meetings, ask questions, take responsibility and follow through on assignments, contribute personal and financial resources, open doors in the community, and evaluate oneself as a board member
- Open to developing skills, such as cultivating and soliciting funds, recruiting additional board members and other volunteers, and reading financial statements
- Possess honesty, sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views, perform with a responsive and patient approach, community-building skills, a sense of values and a sense of humor, personal integrity, and concern for the nonprofit's development
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and/or donor management is a plus
Payback, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit youth restitution/community service agency that provides funds to reimburse victims for losses sustained due to the actions of a youth, ages 12-17, who comes before one of the five Metro Area Juvenile Courts for crimes. The youth is screened, counseled, and placed in court recommended community service. For the mandatory work, the youth earns a minimum wage credit through PayBack, Inc. to be used exclusively for repayment of their victim's losses.
The Youth Restorative Justice Program is administered by the Juvenile Courts of St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, Missouri, and St. Clair County, Illinois.
This position is strictly voluntary and does not receive compensation for services.
- Resource Development / Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 6-10 hours a month