Email Marketing Specialist
Looking for a talented volunteer to execute of email campaigns supporting TEDxSeattle. Duties will include copywriting and designing the HTML for emails, processing and uploading lists, QA testing of emails, executing email sends and pulling data from completed campaigns. Skills should include experience with email service providers (MailChimp, Constant Contact, Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget as examples) and Microsoft Excel.
You’ll be responsible for sending out semi-regular newsletters and events emails. Works directly with the MarCom team lead on list development strategy and messaging. Will also work with the Speaker, Events, and Partners teams among others to get information disseminated at the right time and in a brand appropriate design
- Assisting with email campaigns. Currently in Constant Contact but looking to migrate to MailChimp or integrate with Hubspot.
- Creating and sending emails
- Uploading lists from ticketed events and run quality assurance processes on each list
- Continuously working on the list process to improve campaign execution accuracy and efficiency
- Supporting the Partners (Sponsorship) team with metrics and data extracts
- Provide analysis and reporting of outbound messaging. Provide regular email reporting and adhoc reporting as needed.
- Document requirements needed for projects and processes within the email space
- Assist with small projects related to digital messaging
- Analyzing deliverability data and identifying potential issues
Experience: Typically, 7 or more years working experience in an internet production environment. Experience working on an enterprise eCommerce system a plus.
Knowledge: Proven knowledge in HTML across multiple browsers and platforms. Skills/Competencies: Ability to work within the realities of a volunteer-driven organization where decision-making is decentralized. If you have an idea, bring it up, win support, and make it happen. If you’re missing information, find a source. Ability to prioritize and schedule production requests. Creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and act tactically. Ability to develop and communicate publishing options and alternatives with content writers/producers.
Time Commitment (Approx.):
6-10 hours a month through May. Includes 1 per month newsletter plus 1-2 emails as pre- and post-support of upcoming events, e.g. the live simulcast of TED
10-12 hours a month thru June- Sept. as we push ticket sales
12- 14 hours in Oct. and Nov. as we divvy up messages to various audience types.
Thank you for your application in advance! We will select and contact the top people with the best applications.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment