We are looking for awesome administrative volunteers to help us as we scale out our National Arthritis Support Network Leader training program.
Administrative volunteers support the Arthritis Support Network Director in various administrative tasks and projects related to the administration of this program which involves the screening, training and volunteer program management. You would join us as we recruit and train volunteers from across the country to lead peer led support groups.
Volunteer Program Management administrative responsibilities could include, but are not limited to
- Provide general administrative support.
- Email blasts to various constituents.
- Helps to maintain constituent database.
- Set up new support groups on our website and Facebook.
- Assist with social media promotion related to the support groups.
- Review and update information on upcoming events on our website.
- Assist with the screening and training of new volunteers.
- Assist with the volunteer inquiry process which includes tracking and responding to volunteer inquiries from the Support Network Leader training program, and tracking/follow up with potential volunteers.
- Assist in developing our programs using best and effective practices, evaluations, and compose organizational documents etc.
- Help design and update volunteer training materials.
- Provide general data entry support related to statistics, scheduling and more.
- Previous HR & volunteer management experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Excellent organization skill
- Demonstrate a knowledge of social media, Microsoft office and other virtual/cloud based software or is willing to learn
- High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Adobe Acrobat, CiviCRM and Google docs --preferred
- Pledge a six-month minimum of sustained volunteering
- Passion for grassroots organizing and impacting adults living with arthritis
This unpaid position is voluntary. We will meet in West Los Angeles. Whether you join us as an expert or a novice, there are opportunities available to truly make a difference in our community. This is a great position for someone interested in building administrative skills and learning about the non-profit sector.
ABOUT THE ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION: The Arthritis Foundation is boldly pursuing a cure for America's #1 cause of disability, while championing the fight against arthritis with life-changing resources, science, advocacy and community connections..
Volunteers will provide substantial contributions to our program’s growth and be truly integrated members of our team. We are looking for people who are flexible, proactive, responsible, and passionate.
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months to a year, minimum 5 hr/week,
- Must be availabilty during work week - monday-friday before 4 pm