D.C. Bully Busters (DCBB) wants you! As a campaign ambassador, you will draw attention to the issue of bullying in politics and make sure that our leaders are role models. DCBB, an organization run by teens and tweens, is seeking a parent and student team (of any grade level) to volunteer to attend campaign events and ask both candidates to sign the DCBB campaign pledge. By signing the pledge, the candidate is making a commitment that he/she will not bully or be a bystander to bullying tactics, both during the campaign and if elected to Congress. Let’s work together to make it clear that bullying is not an American value!
As a volunteer team, you will:
- Interact with 8th district Congressional candidates at campaign events, town halls, debates, etc (attend at least 2 events before the special election)
- Work to gather local media attention
- Engage your peers on social media
- Bring awareness to bullying across our culture
- Gain leadership/communication skills and a stronger sense of civic engagement
- Webinar training led by the founding students to learn about DCBB and prepare for the campaign events
- A toolkit with resources to support your efforts during the campaign - including a media contact list and social media support
- Ongoing communication with DCBB Headquarters
- Opportunities to stay involved after the election
There will be two webinar trainings offered on Saturday, February 24th at 10:00am and 4:00pm.
Please respond to our posting for an invitation to learn more and for details about the upcoming webinar.
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment